A wide range of industries rely on air-operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pumps to keep their operations running smoothly. AODD pumps are exceptionally effective and reliable at transferring almost any viscous fluid safely.
AODD pumps deliver unique benefits that are unrivaled by other pump technologies, making them the clear choice for many of the world’s most challenging applications.
AODD pump applications are broad because AODD pumps are capable of safely and effectively handling anything from water to solids-laden slurries—including volatile and dangerous liquids. Their flexibility allows one pump to tackle numerous applications without costly motor drives or critical sizing calculations.
AODD pumps offer additional advantages that competing pumps can’t match, including the ability to:
- Run-dry without damaging the pump or system
- Pump solid-laden fluids without pump or product damage
- Be self-priming and work in suction lift applications
- Deadhead safely without pump or product damage
- Be shear sensitive—does not shear or separate product being pumped
- Not require electricity and be fully grounded
- Have a low initial purchase price compared to other technologies
- Be submersible—can be submerged completely without safety or performance issues
- Have a sealless design—no expensive mechanical seals or packing are required
- Have variable flow and head pressures without sophisticated controls